Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My terrible memory.

The other day in our tute we needed to find a link to something we found awesome. Something we loved and really felt worthy of blogging. I knew exactly what I wanted to post. Ages ago I saw this video clip, and although it is not so much the 'performing' aspect of it that I love, I think it's brilliant. But there is absolutely no way I can remember what it's called. It's split screen the whole way through, and the same girl in is both the left screen and the right. It's not too obvious at the beginning, but there's definitely that "OHHH!" moment once you keep watching, because the left half is the scene played from beginning to end, whereas the right half is the exact same scene played backwards. But it just matches up so perfectly.

Anyway, I have tried Googling key words but to no avail. However, whilst on my quest to find this amazing piece of work, I came upon David Bowie's video clip "Life on Mars". Which of course, being a Bowie fan I have seen several (hundred) times, and realised that to me that is just as worthy of posting on this blog entry as any other.

His one eye is permanently dilated, yes? Yes. And so the fact the room he is in is so God damned light causes his two very different sized pupils to be absolutely freaky. Geeeeeniusly beautiful, hahaha! Just that opening scene. Watch it! Go go go!

)

MELBOURNE 3000!

www.threethousand.com.au

This is a pretty cool website/blog that shows so many different things going on at the moment. It's like an "awesome things" guide to Melbourne. You can browse this "guide" through different sections using a menu like the image below.


The greatest thing about it, I think, is going to the maps section where marked out on a map of Melbourne is everything contained in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment